IMPORTANT NOTICES- Attorneys Practicing Workers' Compensation Cases

Electronic Docket Notices

The Division of Workers’ Compensation is offering a new option for electronic docket notices. If you want to opt out of receiving the email stating “no notices were sent”, please email stating such and the Division will discontinue these emails to you. This means you will only receive your docket notices. If you prefer to continue receiving these emails no action is needed.

Online Forms

The Division’s website has forms to enable attorneys to accomplish the actions listed below. In order to minimize errors and miscommunication, and to aid Division staff in quickly and accurately tracking case files, please follow these simple procedures.

  1. Entry of Appearance. If you file a claim for compensation or an answer to a claim for compensation, the Division will automatically link you to that case and list you thereafter as the attorney of record. Please file an entry of appearance unless you filed a Claim for Compensation or an Answer to Claim for Compensation. This allows the Division to accurately add you to the list of persons to receive notice. We encourage you to use the Division’s Entry of Appearance form, WC- 235
  2. Change of Address. Please notify the Division in writing if you change your address. You may submit the written request to the Division’s Jefferson City office or to any of the eight adjudication office addresses
  3. Withdrawal. Missouri Supreme Court Rule, Rule 4-1.16 governs attorney withdrawals. We encourage you to use the Division’s Motion for Leave to Withdraw form WC-236, when submitting a request for leave to withdraw. If you prefer to send a written request to an ALJ in lieu of the Division-approved form, please include the following information in the written request:
    • whether a hearing is required on your request to withdraw;
    • whether the underlying case has been set on the docket and the date of the next docket setting;
    • copy of the request has been mailed to all parties of record;
    • client consents, or other reason given for the attorney’s withdrawal.
  4. Substitution of Counsel. You may use the Division’s Substitution of Counsel form WC-237 if you are withdrawing and there is a substitution of a new attorney in the case. If you elect to use the substitution of counsel form, there is no need to submit a separate motion or request to withdraw. Please attach a list of all cases affected by the substitution of counsel if more than one case is involved.
  5. Change of Law Firm. If you leave one firm to join another firm please notify the Division in writing of any cases you are taking to your new firm. If you are taking cases with you to the new firm, please file a Substitution of Counsel Form WC-237 to reflect the event. If you are not taking cases with you, but leaving the cases at your former firm, the new attorney and the former firm should file a Substitution of Counsel Form WC-237 to reflect the event. Press CTRL + LEFT CLICK to follow the links.

Docket Locations - Additional Convenience

The Division’s administrative law judges (ALJ) travel to our outlying dockets for all of our settings -including pre hearings, conferences and mediations. View Missouri Docket Map.